Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fractured Fairytales, well I guess I should explain what I mean by that. I'm a single woman in my early thirties who was raised on the very "Disney" belief that one day, when I grew up I would find my prince charming and live happily ever after. Yeah....not so much. That's okay, though! For awhile I was pretty bothered by the fact that my life doesn't look like I expected it would when I was a little girl. You can get really mired down in that. Thus, my fairytale has fractured. So once you realize that that vision is over and done with, where do you go? That's what I intend this blog to be about. Being in my 30s, being happy, trying to find ways to fulfill myself that don't necessarily rely on the traditional (boring?) things that are "supposed" to make a lady happy. For the record, I don't begrudge anyone their life choices, that's not what this is about. This is about self discovery and maybe helping/inspiring others along the way. Maybe someone else out there is in the same boat as I am. Maybe reading about my experiences makes them feel less alone, helps them somehow, I dunno. What I DO know is that I need an outlet for my self discovery. So here I am. I'm Jillian, by the way. Nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment