Saturday, February 8, 2014

Why I'll stick with Birchbox

So, I did an experiment this month. There was an awesome deal in which new subscribers were getting free points to use in the Birchbox shop. PLUS this was a big collaboration month with US Weekly that promised to deliver better boxes. SO I referred myself another subscription. Why? Well the free points mean dollars off of full size purchases, so that was worth it alone. What I REALLY did it for was to see if I got a box I liked better from this other subscription. I wanted to see what kinds of different items I got if I filled out a profile another way. Would I like this other box better? I got my first box, the one from my original subscription and even though there were only four items in it, the samples were all a good size and stuff I really wanted, so I was pretty pleased. I also had put in an order for other full sized items and saved $30 through points from reviews, past purchases and referring myself a new subscription. The savings I get in the shop is worth a disappointing box or two in my mind. I'm really happy with the full size shop purchases I got in the mail and this shop has been the main place I'm getting my beauty products from. Where else am I going to be able to buy a $65 eye cream for $29? And do I LOVE that eye cream.

This is my first of the two boxes this month. I received Benefit fakeup, OPI pink tinted top coat, Dr. Brandt Pores No More and Agave hair oil. There is a tiny sample of the new Benefit CC cream as well. I will use everything in this box. I much prefer this box to last months. I bought the full size Fakeup. It's an under eye concealer with added moisturizer. Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment