Thursday, March 6, 2014

All of the good things! (none of the bad) And Music I want you to hear.

So many awesome things are happening, you guys! I'm having such a great couple of days. Much improved over last week. Last Tuesday beat me upside the head with a freaking brick. O-Chem exam, O-Chem quiz and TWO O-Chem labs, not to mention the work day from hell. Saying I was fried was the understatement of the century.
Good things this week:
~Got offered paying acting gig! This is the best news of all. A very funny friend is writing a humorous murder mystery dinner set in colonial times. I was asked if I would put on a big poufy dress and act hysterical over a (faux) dead body. Yes. Yes I will.
~Bridal Expo with my sister. I'm super pleased to be MoH in my sister's wedding. She's pretty much the greatest ever and her fiance rocks. As much as I hate all things bridal, I'm excited to help her plan her day.
~ Rehearsal for next weeks Irish music festival. Love the band. Love the song. Can't wait to put on my green and sing some Flogging Molly
~ My bestie is coming to visit this weekend! YAYS!
~Stitch Fix of awesomeness INCLUDING an email from someone AT Stitch Fix thanking me for blogging about them. SWEET.
~New Graze box came today with tasty noms.

Work blows, school is hard, I'm getting two fillings tomorrow and friends are generally disappointing me with their terrible treatment of others, but I've decided that I need to focus on the awesome and kick everything that is being lame to the curb. I faltered a little bit with this this week. Not going to lie. Monday was a BAD day for me. I got all in my feelings and was exhausted and sad. Tuesday turned it around, though and I started to get my perspective back. I'm still struggling with some anger and disappointment, but I'm pretty determined to put it behind me and soldier on. People can be SO disappointing sometimes, and sadly, when people are acting like Ultra Mega Douchebags, I've realized that you have to offer them the one chance to stop and apologize and if they don't take you up on that offer, then you have to put distance in between you otherwise you risk getting sucked into the vortex of their terribleness. There was a time when I would DESPERATELY try to get people to come over to the side of good and reason, but it just burned me out and pissed them off, so I've given up on that. The lessons here are: Real friends don't encourage you to do bad things. Real friends don't seek to hurt you (and anyone else they can). Some people don't give a hoot about honesty and don't want to hear it. Bad people do bad things and you can't stop them all. Take care of yourself because no one else will. If that means cutting people out of your life, then do it. Karma exists, I've seen it work and it is both ironic and cruel. I'm finished with people who try to ruin my zen.

In the spirit of awesome things I'd like to share a few of the things I can't stop listening to right now that I think everyone should know about:


  • Beck's new album, Morning Phase. Have you heard this? It blows my mind. It's unlike anything I've heard from him before. So beautiful. Check it out.
  • Fitz and The Tantrums. In particular, Moneygrabber. I literally had to stop myself from dancing to class listening to this. I might risk looking like a complete weirdo for Fitz. 
  • Everything Agnes Obel has put out. It's dark and haunting and pretty and I'm in love with her. You should fall in love with her too.
  • Postmodern Jukebox. They take pop songs (most of which I find terrible) and class them up as swing or standards. They're fantastic
  • All of The Hunger Games soundtracks. It's a lot of the folksy/bluegrassy stuff I really like. I have not seen the movies or read the books, but I am addicted to the soundtracks. I love The Civil Wars, Birdy and The Carolina Chocolate Drops already, so these albums were already a win for me.
Once upon a time my Spotify account was attached to Facebook and then that got REALLY annoying because every time I listened to something it posted, so I had the accounts separated. I don't know about you guys, but if I'm really grooving on a song, I can listen to it 4 or 5 times before I move on. I'm ladymacbeth1980 on Spotify, if anyone wants to follow me.

Go out into the world people and try to do more good than you do harm. That's my goal every day.

I leave you with a picture of my kitten, to give you the warm fuzzies. Vasili hopes you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment