Sunday, March 16, 2014

POPSUGAR March 2014 Must Have Box

Back again to tell you about all the cool stuff I got. I didn't know if I was going to keep up this subscription because it's a little on the expensive side. However, they released a spoiler and it was a picture of a BEAUTIFUL scarf and as we all know, I am a sucker for scarves. Sad, but true. So I decided that maybe there'd also be an awesome St. Paddy's day item in the box and I'd hang out this month and see what's up. I'm super glad I did. This box blew last month's box away. I yoinked the second and third photos from My Subscription Addiction. If you think I have a problem with subscription boxes, you should go over there and see just how many more I could be getting. Crazy. 

This photo I took. Then I tore into the box and started using things, sooooo I had to borrow the other photos. 


Here's a photo of what was included in the box:


And of course, the BEAUTIFUL Brokedown Blue Ikat Scarf, which they're saying they charge $72 for. That is a ridiculous amount to charge for a scarf and even though this one is SO soft and beautiful, I would never pay that much for it, so already the box was a big win for me because I didn't even pay that much for the box as a whole. I really do love this scarf. It's going to be perfect for spring. 


The other items included were as follows:

  • Dogeared Lucky Horseshoe Make a Wish Necklace ~ $30
  • Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum ~ $27
  • Bauble Bar Elephant Ring Tree ~ $12
  • Nature's Bakery All Natural Strawberry Fig Bar ~ $1.50
  • SnapPea Crisps ~ $2
  • Active Forever Mini Exercise Ball ~ $9.95
I really loved the variety in this box that last month's box was lacking. The lucky horseshoe necklace is on a string and meant to be worn until the string breaks and that supposedly means "your wish is ready to come true". I don't know about all that, but it's super cute and I love the way the horseshoe sits in the hollow of my throat. I've been wearing it ever since it showed up. I'm really impressed with Jurlique as a brand. They grow all most of what they use on their farm, they don't test on animals, they're environmentally conscious, they give back to their community....basically everything you'd want out of a company whose products you'd like to purchase. I like the serum a lot and have been regularly using it since I got it. I don't know if it's doing anything yet. I'll report back. The SnapPea crisps were a bit salty, but a great crunchy alternative to chips. The fig bar was delicious. Not too dry. I'm always worried about that with those cake-y type bars. I was SO stoked to see the exercise ball AND the workout they posted on the PopSugar blog to go along with it. I intend to use it as soon as I can locate some excess energy. I thought the elephant ring holder was SO adorable and just the kind of quirky accessory I want to have sitting on my bureau.  

This was $40 well spent. I definitely got my values worth and was pleased with everything in the box this month. I'll have to see what spoiler they release for next month and decide whether it's worth it to keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment